My name is Angelique M. Venable. I’m 40 years old. A mother of seven and a wife to an amazing man. Life has never been simply or easy for us.
I’m the sole provider for our family financially. Hard work is all I know. I’ve been a USPS carrier for 16 years now. I work seven days a week. Financially I have no choice. We live pay check to pay check. I work as much as I can to save as much as we can. But with every day that passes. It just gets longer and harder.
About 10 years ago we moved into our home. My daughter was born there. And that’s where my blended family became a family. It’s my home. It’s my heart.
At first we were renters. The owner was a marine. That was stationed overseas. After a year we decided to buy. And the homeowner agreed to the sale. We decided that after the birth of my daughter. We would proceed with the purchase of the house.
When my daughter was born she was perfect in every way. Within hours after her birth. My daughter began seizing. Doctors were unable get her to stop. And she was med evacuated by helicopter to a neonatal unit. About a hour away. It would be 5 months before I can bring my little girl home.
The next two years was a life of endless hospital visits, doctors, and many hospitals bills. We had good insurance. But insurance don’t pay all. And the proceedings with the purchase of our home. Had to be delayed.
The home owner was very understanding. And was willing to work with us. We came to a mutual agreement with a rent to own. Until our daughter was well. And we financially got right again. It took us some time. But we did.
And this is why I’m writing to you all today.After many years of paying our medical debt off. My husband and I were ready to move forward with the purchase of our home. We were excited.To say the least.
After a couple phone calls with the property owner. And a few visits with our bank. We were days away of owning our home.
On a Friday I received a title released form from my bank. My loan officer needed the home owner to sign it. Before they would release the check to his mortgage company.
Left a message with the homeowner Friday afternoon. With no response And throughout the weekend. I tried again Monday morning before work. Still no communication.
By the time I got home that Monday afternoon. I had two certify notifications in my mailbox. Accompanied by two regular letters of eviction. I was I disbelief. Home owner did not answer any communications from me.
By the next day a real estate agent was in contacted me on his behalf. Informing me that I had thirty days to vacate the premises. Come to find out. That the real estate agent had offered to buy the house for more.
Greed is one ugly sin.
So after numerous threats of eviction. We had to seek council.
A year later and thousands spent in litigation. We are able to buy. And only have to pay what is owed on the house.
Things never work out the way you expect them to go.
And Something always goes wrong. Or someone will cross you unexpectedly. And there you are Again. Stuck and starting over Again.
I pray every night for a that I’ll get break.
I don’t want to stuck again. And start all over. I want to have more time in my home with my family. Maybe catch break. And for once have no worries.
We owe 105,000.00 on the house. I asked you to donate to purchase of our home. Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Hopefully my prayers will be answered.
Best wishes to all and thank you.
Angelique M. Venable