I am here because I am out of options and I don’t know what else I can do.
Everything came tumbling down all at once since the beginning of 2020 and I have been trying my best to keep my family and I going forward. Taking the easy way out has crossed my mind many times but I don’t think I want to be a selfish and irresponsible being for my family to remember and hate.
I am not going to copy and paste some tear jerking stories from the Internet and make something up to get easy help. Even if I get zero help, I am happy to use this platform as a tool to tell my stories, rant like an old man and release some steam.
In order to make my stories precise and easy to read, I will put them in point form:
- January 2020, my father-in-law had some kinds of respiratory disease and it costed USD300 daily for his care before my wife decided to pull the plug 6 months later.
- May 2020 I was having constant chest pain, went to see the doctor and I ended up going through a heart surgery known as the “balloon angioplasty”. The bill was around USD35,000.
- Around the same time, my wife was forced to take no-pay vacation indefinitely due to covid.
- September 2020, my brother passed away because of covid.
- December, 2 days before Christmas Eve, my company laid off around 300 employees. I was one of them.
- February 2021, my family and I moved to a smaller apartment. I sent out about 100 CVs and there was no job and no interviews. We started to apply for government subsidy, loans, all sorts of help we can imagine.
I am hanging by a thread at this point, barely able to keep my family alive and here come the real juicy part of the story:
My wife, with her brilliant mind and foremost thinking, thought “gambling” could save us from all these financial turmoils. She secretly put all the remaining saving and loan on the stock market, invested on some high risk derivatives and of course ended up losing absolutely everything in just a matter of weeks.
That’s what happened to me in the past 18 months. At this point, I am unusually calm. Thank you for reading my story. I am really out of options at this point and I would be most appreciated if you think I deserved some help and decided to donate some money to ease my pain.
Thank you for your kindness.