I am trying this as a last resort to help and save my brother from not getting his 120 cancelled. To give a background six years back I had a dream to pursue MBA from The United States but had to give up on that dream to support my family financially. That decision has immensely helped my family. Last year my brother had a dream and wish to do his studies from US. At this point all I could think was since I was not able to achieve mine let me support his. This was a huge risk for us but worth taking as he told me he would go to US work part-time as well and support our family. So, I took personal loan as I couldn’t get educational loan for him being his sister. With the amount I received I had paid his 60% of fees and booked flight tickets with that for his to go in January end of this year. We made many conversations with University for the 60% and they agreed to allow him to come to the US.
Now we have to pay $11877 before 8th June for him to continue his studies. We have exceeded the timeframe as well but desperately need to pay the remaining amount and save his i20 from being cancelled. With COIVD situation in India as well it has become very difficult to get money even from anybody as most business have gone in loss. I have changed my jobs to pay the increased amount of monthly installment and my brother is also working at gas stations, dish cleaning, cahiers jobs as much as he can to support himself and send my family as well money. Banks cannot give me anymore loans as I have exceeded the limit of borrowing. We assumed that once we pay the first-year fees he could apply for a loan for the remaining years. But due to COVID situations we are not able to pay the $11877 as well and which has put us in a very difficult position. He is approved for a loan but he needed a co-signer on it which didn’t know as that was not required in India when I took for my undergraduate study. We don’t have any know person who could sign for that and my parents did ask some very far relatives but none of them agreed to sign stating reasons of COIVD or affecting their credit score which I rightfully understand. However right now my brother has also said he would not come back if his i20 gets cancelled.
Me and my parents are really scared to what he might do to himself if we are not able to pay $11877 before 8th June. He is all alone there in a different country and depressed and I really don’t want him to end his life because I trust in God and hopefully, we are able to arrange the money. Please reader if at you are able to donate even a small amount which can add up and pay for him fees, I will be grateful forever.
A sister’s sincere request to you all.
Please see the payment link to support my brother: