I have never done this before, but I feel at a point of desperation due to current financial needs.
For the longest time my Wife, 2 kids(9 year old girl, 5 year old boy), and myself have struggled due to debts, and a multitude of other things. Namely,
- My wife had an accident of falling down our apartment stairs last year which racked up $5000 of medical debt.
- Multiple loans being taken out to cover expenses for expenses such as kids daycare last year as well as car expenses (spark plugs had to replaced)
- Our current rent is killing us ($1,484 for a 2 bedroom, but we have a 4 person family), and getting a 3 bedroom is going to run us close to $2,000 a month.
- I had a bad spending habit to cue my depression which I recently got help with and have been seeing a huge change, but the damage has already been done as I have several items from “rent/lease to own” stores.
- College debt from when my wife and I have gone to school.
Honestly, we don’t have much debt to be honest, but it’s enough to hurt us and make us live paycheck to paycheck. This year has started off horribly with the snowstorm here on the US East Coast causing us to miss many days of work either due to power being out at work sites, or kids being out of school, and we had to take off of work for those days.
Currently, our car needs a new starter and it’s our only one, so getting back and forth to work and school has been difficult to say the least.
There’s not much else I can say, I know sooner or later we will pull out of this hump, and any assistance will greatly help in making our lives better. We plan on increasing our credit scores with the payoff of our debts in order to get a house for our family.
$10,000 would be a miracle, but honestly any amount helps tremendously!