I am reaching out because I have nowhere else to turn. Kentucky has run out of money for unemployment, agencies with emergency assistance funds are tapped out and now the moratorium has ended and evictions are starting to happen. I am alone in Kentucky since my family is in Florida and also going through their own financial hardships during this global pandemic.
I do not like asking for help. My father raised me to be independent and work hard. After I divorced in 2008, I raised my three children on my own without their father paying me child support. (Gave up on fighting for that) I worked, went to school and while we were not able to save money to take a proper vacation; my children were clothed, fed and had a roof over their heads.
I am not sure how to explain this to relay the information to show my need other than showing data and below is a timeline as to what has happened.
- Aug 2019 – lost my job in Miami and a friend decided to help me out by accepting me into his home and giving me a chance to get back on my feet
- Sept 2019 – i moved to Covington, KY and begin looking for work
- Oct. 2019 – I begin working as an Associates Operations Coordinator and things start looking good
- Feb 2020 – I sign my lease on an Apt so i can finally move into my own place. I have only my bed, laptop, clothes, coffee maker and mug (no car, no TV, no furniture) but slow and steady wins the race.
- March 2020 – it is announced we will be working from home due to Covid-19
- April 1, 2020 – My employer downsized due to Covid- 19 and I was let go.
- April 2, 2020 – June 2020 – I was smart enough to save some money that I continued to pay my rent (until July) and applied for unemployment. I also applied for any assistance I could get a hold of. I have not stopped looking for work and have had several interviews but no offers have been extended yet.
I am still waiting for unemployment benefits (I call daily and the automated services continue to say I am in queue to be called back). If i have calculated this correctly, I should have about $13,000 in unemployment benefits they should pay me. With the additional $600 weekly that puts the total at well over $20,000. Which would allow me to pay my rent and continue living where I am until this pandemic is eradicated.
If you need more information or have any questions please let me know.
Thank you for at least reading my story if nothing else. :)
my Paypal is: paypal.me/lisavaldes3d