My name is Eretria E. Jones, and I’m a college student who underestimated the complications of being an adult and being on my own in the world. Not too along ago, my father passed away of Leukemia, leaving me and my mother in distress. My mother has raised four children on her own, and has always struggled with finances and trying to keep me and my siblings afloat. Although she never says it, I can see the pain and worry on her face when bills come in. I was overcome by sadness, depression, and struggled to move on with my day to day tasks. It was a challenge to even get out of bed to shower, and do the simplest of tasks. Thankfully, with time, I was able to push myself up and finish school. So, I thought that maybe getting out of my hometown, and moving states away, would help me get a fresh start. You know, a breath of fresh air.
But, I underestimated things..
Now, I’m struggling to pay my bills, and other complications, and it seems like things are falling apart faster than I can put them together. And it hurts.. With the things i’ve been dealing with lately, it has been hard for me to find a job. I also want to go back to school, but it seems like these new issues keep pushing that dream back further and further..
I don’t want this to be a hand-out. I want this to be aid for someone whose passionate about helping people get back on their feet. Thank you.
- My car has a leak around the sunroof which is causing my trunk and backseats to flood. — $300
- My car has a bubble in one of the tires, and the others have worn out treads. Need help replacing all four — $320
- Credit Card bill has been overdue for the past few months and collecting interest. — $500
- Need help paying my car payments for the next three/four months. — $1,240
- Need help paying my car insurance for the next three/four months. — $400
- Need help buying groceries. — $100
- Need help paying my phone bill per month. — $40/month