Hi my name is Brent and I am in a situation that I (to my knowledge) can’t get out of. I have managed to stay afloat for nearly a year, but this might be the final blow if I can’t come up with a solution. I am around 1,100 dollars of debt that needs immediate action and probably around 2,500 total at this time. The problem is that the 1,000 of immediate action will prevent me from being able to do anything for myself if I can’t find a solution. I will explain the best I can in the third paragraph.
I’ve been diagnosed with OCD, severe anxiety, and depression and have been going to both a psychiatrist and psychologist for around 6 months now. The medicine and sessions has me feeling capable and ready to get back on my feet, but I feel like I’m completely stuck and can’t get a job because my property I need to use to maintain one is in threat. This isn’t out of me not being qualified for one or the lack of not wanting a job. All I want is to have one and feel financially sound now that I feel like I am better. I lost my job around 10 months ago, and I have been living off of what I had in my bank account and what I could come up with at bill time. I have the things I need to survive, but I can’t use them due to my position. I know this is exhausting to read so I will try to quickly go through what is holding me back.
- I have a phone, but it has been disconnected recently (30 days no payment) and I cannot follow up calls to jobs that I have been receiving e-mails from. I’m assuming the voicemail will be full if and when I can get it turned on, its only been 5 days disconnected. This costs around 150 to get turned back on.
- I have a car, with no gas. The bank was calling everyday before the cell phone was turned off. My lease is 25 days past due at this point. I still have the car but I have 8 miles left on my gas tank. I cannot go to any interviews. I’m afraid the car will be taken soon. This costs 290 to catch up. Going along with that bank account that the lease is on I owe something like 40 dollars on my credit card. So as far as the bank calling I would owe them 330 dollars.
- I live in an apartment, no one has asked me for the money but I am 5 days past due. If I can’t pay I don’t know long I will have before I would be evicted. I have a roommate, I assume he will start complaining if I don’t have a plan soon. We split the rent. I pay 375 for the apartment and 125 for utilities. I owe 500 for this total.
- My insurance is due on the 19th, I am not worried about this at the moment because I would have 10-20 days to pay it after the bill date its 117.
- I have about a day or 2 of food left at best. I have no gas. I can’t put a number on this but if the bills are paid that is all I would need to survive until I get a job and a paycheck coming in.
So my total goes to 1,100 to be out of danger. If anyone could help me at all I would appreciate it. This is a vital time for me. I’m recovered, on medicine, still planning to see the psychologist and psychiatrist long term (I have assistance to pay for this and my next appointment is on the 24th). Before this year my symptoms were never this bad. I have a degree, I have good work experience, and even 12 months ago I had a great life. Depression hit me really hard a year ago and it took a long time to climb out of, but I’m ready to fight and own it but I don’t know how if I don’t have any tools. I would appreciate any advice or financial support. Sorry this was so long, I just wanted to be detailed and honest.
I have attached the bank account image for an example. The money I owe is half of what it shows. It is just showing the past due and current due amount.
- Paypal – paypal.me/brentsa