My name is Greg. I live in southwest Michigan. I’m single. I do not drink or do drugs. I love to illicit joy in others, and I love to assist others. I’m 35 years old and I am desperate for some help to stop myself from drowning. I can make it if I can get over this hump.
Everything is relative, and if my story sounds like something you would want to support, you could help me from slipping under. I’m trying to figure out a way to formulate it so that you can understand without it being a rambling mess.
The Short(ish) Version:
- I work as an Optician and make $12 an hour. I have recently exhausted all of my savings (1/6th of my yearly income) on car troubles and medical bills (I broke my neck and had a wonderful case of inflammed bowels that they thought might be cancer. It wasn’t. Greg +1)
- I have $300 left in my bank account.
- My car engine is knocking. Taking it to a mechanic on Monday will wipe out my bank account, and will probably not be enough to fix it.
- I have $5000 in debt on one credit card that I have only been able to make minimum payments on.
- I can’t get a loan to help or consolidate because my credit score is bad. 2 years ago it was 670. Today, 4 missed payments and 1 medical charge off later, it is 520.
- I have to move out of my home by the end of May and no longer have any savings to do so.
I am going back to school full time for Art & Animation. It is what I was born to do. You can check out my instagram @lauxdesigns for some of my most recent artwork. I also have a website www.greglauxdesign.wordpress.com with some older graphic design work on it. It’s hard to make new art when your depression is taking over, but I am fighting back and learning new skills every day. I currently attend part-time online classes that I paid for.
I am supposed to start school on May 6th. I will receive financial aid, as well as a $785 housing allowance from my Montgomery GI bill that I receive from my time in the US Navy. I have to have a car, and be able to afford an apartment to get my through to June/July when my payments start kicking in.
How I plan to use donations in order of importance:
- Pay to have my vehicle repaired. It will get me to and from class, as well as be used to shop for Shipt as a part time job. If all else fails I can live in it as well.
- Help afford a down payment for my apartment. I live in a college town and the average cost of a 1 bedroom is around $650 a month. They usually require first month, last month, and a security deposit (approx $1800) to move in.
- Pay more than the minimum payments on my credit card. I made a terrible mistake that I thought was going to be manageable. It is not. It is a source of constant regret and worry. I pay $193 a month in a desperate attempt to not let my credit slip further. If I were able to pay this off, I feel like I could make a lot of positive lifestyle changes.
I have made so many mistakes, and my depression has become so encompassing. I was so close to breaking out, but I’ve been pushed down again. I waited too long to do everything, and now I can’t seem to move forward without roadblocks.
Please help me. I would love to do paintings for you, and they will come from a place of immense love.
Thank you so much for reading. Thank you so much for giving me an opportunity. Thank you so much for just listening.