First of all, thank you for looking at my request.
My name is Luke and I’m trying to start a YouTube channel/business idea and need £1,000 to do this. The reason I’m asking for the money is that I left my last job due to depression and I’m finding it hard to get out – I really feel I’ve got an idea that will take off and could sort my financial future out.
Also, my recently retired father’s garage was broken into and a lot of items were taken (please see photo), this money injection would help him out as well, as he’s invested a lot of his time into this YouTube channel and business idea.
I’ve looked into getting a loan, but feel this would add to the depression that I’m currently suffering from and the knowledge of needing to pay back the loan would have me constantly anxious.
The channel is already set up and I have 4 videos up at the moment.
I’m looking at the following revenue possibilities:
1. YouTube advert revenue – if I can get 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time YouTube will look into monetising my channel.
2. Merchandise – based on my own characters/ideas from the videos from the channel, such as logos on TV shirts, mugs, etc…
3. Amazon/other affiliate links – getting a commission for each branded toy sold based on a character that appears in one of my videos (e.g. including Ken from Barbie in a video and having a link in the description box below, for people to buy from Amazon).
4. Links to Etsy (artwork sales), Fiverr (freelance art/graphic design), eBay and personal website(s) – all below in the description box (Etsy and Fiverr links are already there).
5. Android educational app(s)/game(s) related to channel – again, with a link to the Google store below in the description.
The money you provide will go into promoting my YouTube channel, setting up my personal website, paying someone to code the app(s)/game(s) and buying necessary props and items for future videos. The camera I’m using at the moment is also glitching and I require a new one to continue the channel. It was glitching so badly that I almost couldn’t finish the fourth video (a Halloween special).
If you can help it would be brilliant – if not, I have Etsy and Fiverr links I can provide to you, to see if there is any artwork that takes your fancy or if there is any bespoke work I can do for you.
I am willing to work, I just need a leg up from someone kind enough to see that I’ve got good ideas. Please help me realise them.